Fishing Tools Fishermen are dedicated men who love their outdoor freedom. They enjoy the call of the wild, the whisper of the wind, and the embrace of everything nature-laden. This is why it is a great idea to consider what other outdoorsmen hobbies might be
Fishing Tools Years ago fishing was an adventure all its own. There weren’t ridiculous licenses to be had and rules as to where you could and couldn’t fish. Basically, if the site was off base it was fenced in, otherwise it was free game. If
Share and Enjoy
Every fisherman takes pride in being able to bring their catch home to their family. Not only can fresh fish be a wonderful and healthy meal, it can also help lower overall food costs for a family. In order to keep the theme of the
Share and Enjoy
Fishermen are dedicated men who love their outdoor freedom. They enjoy the call of the wild, the whisper of the wind, and the embrace of everything nature-laden. This is why it is a great idea to consider what other outdoorsmen hobbies might be equally exhilarating for fishermen. Especially at those moments in which you cannot go fishing.
The pleasure of sitting by the lakeside, or on the boat, can be translated into a variety of thrill inducing experiences. That is, if you are willing to consider other outdoor options when fishing just won’t work. There are a number of great suggestions for the outdoor enthusiast. While some will require guns, others will be less violent.
7 Great Outdoor Hobbies
Some of these hobbies may not be hugely exciting, but they are great ways to enjoy your time outside when you can’t go fishing. These 7 great outdoor hobbies will serve as a decent replacement when fishing is not an option:
- Gardening- Believe it or not, this was initially a man’s joy. He handled his land through cultivation and provision. Obviously most of us, these days, are not in that kind of position. However, taking the time to watch the garden become exactly what you’ve designed can be a fulfilling enterprise. And, you can change things out when you want a new look. It is a constantly evolving endeavor. Get some great gardening tips by clicking this.
- Restore Classic Cars- Men used to spend hours in their garages working on their cars. Unfortunately, the new technology utilized today makes it difficult for an average man to tinker. That is why you should consider purchasing a classic car. They are far more user friendly and with a little bit of an investment, you could have a considerably cool car to cruise around town!
- Marksmanship- Sure, people love their guns, and if you’ve taken a gander at the best AR-15 scope, you might realize just how cool they really are. In the midst of that research, look into shooting clubs. These are great for men who don’t really want to kill anything, but would like to prove their skills with a gun.
- Whittling- This is the beginning stage of woodworking. It’s for those gentlemen that are unable to really delve into all the expense incorporated in actual woodworking. Just get a good knife and some soft wood. This is a great hobby for those moments when you just need to relax. Learn more about whittling.
- Archery-This is a lot like marksmanship but with a bow and arrow. Returning to the old ways is sometimes a great move. You will find a good deal of satisfaction in being able to hit a target, but imagine how much more so when you can take out an apple carefully balanced somewhere.
- Mountaineering- This takes hiking to a whole other level. It is all about climbing mountains. Tackling a mountain peak is sure to boost your testosterone and improve on your man card status. Just make sure you take a camera to prove your escapades.
- Brew Beer- Obviously we are not suggesting you take up moonshine distilling, but enjoying a microbrewery might be well worth it. The investment is pretty small too, if you are willing to learn. You can read all about it here.
Feel free to shop around for additional outdoor hobbies. But in the meantime, try some of the suggestions mentioned above.
Share and Enjoy
Years ago fishing was an adventure all its own. There weren’t ridiculous licenses to be had and rules as to where you could and couldn’t fish. Basically, if the site was off base it was fenced in, otherwise it was free game. If you could find the fishing hole, it was yours to take a chance on. But these days, there’s fishing tech for your fishing goals. So to stay on top of things, you’ll need to read this.
Before you go getting all the newfangled tech gadgets designed especially for fishing, you might want to take a look at computer bags and various other protected transportation modalities. Some backpacks, though designed for hiking, or hauling laptops, might actually work quite well with your fish finders and the other gadgets we will be discussing here.
Top Tech Gadgets for Fishing
Fishing is supposed to be a relaxing event that allows you the peace and quiet of the water world around you. It’s supposed to offer you a test in patience and anger control. And, it’s also supposed to include some exploration skills. But now, with all these additional tech gadgets, it might just get a little like everything else, over animated and too, well, technical.
However, at the risk of missing out on some incredible techy benefit, we are going to share some of the top gadgets with you now:
- Solaris Fatshad– We figured it’d be best to start off with a lure. Obviously all good fisherman are excited by the invention of a new lure. But this one takes the cake with 14 flashing LEDS, and an electromagnetic buzzer. The buzzer mimics the pulses an injured fish might make hoping to draw in the bigger bait.
- Trolling Motor Remote– Minn Kota Motors has created a trolling motor remote control. This will allow you to determine the speed of the boat’s motor while never leaving your pole or disturbing the potential fish with an eye on your lure.
- SmartCast- This is wearable fishing technology at its finest. It’s a watch with an antenna that somehow corresponds with sonar buoys to comb the water up to 120 feet deep. A cute fish pops up on your watch’s screen whenever one is recognized by this advanced piece of equipment. Read more about it here.
- Fish Activator- So apparently, the makers of this little gadget believe that fish have ears. This is because the Fish Activator claims to use digitally created noises to entice fish. Distressed bait is one such noise employed by this fish tempting invention.
- Aqua Vu AV Micro II- This is an underwater camera with 50 feet of camera cable. This underwater camera set up allows you to view live underwater video on a 3.5 inch LCD screen. The camera is only the size of a bottle cap so it shouldn’t be too distracting for fish in your vicinity. Read more about these options by clicking this.
- Fluorocarbon Fishing Line- We chose to add this one simply because it’s a neat inclusion in your tackle box. When you’re out on the water in the sweltering sun, it sometimes becomes quite challenging to actually see your line. This fishing line is designed to turn bright yellow in the sun (but only above the water) so you can always know where the lure is hanging.
If you still need some more tech gadget ideas for your next fishing venture, and to fill your new canvas backpack, read more.
Share and Enjoy
Every fisherman takes pride in being able to bring their catch home to their family. Not only can fresh fish be a wonderful and healthy meal, it can also help lower overall food costs for a family. In order to keep the theme of the meal fresh and healthy, consider starting a garden to grow fresh fruits and vegetables to accompany the main dish. Just like fishing, maintaining a garden can serve as both a way to save money on food as well as provide a stress relieving hobby.
Whether you have a large yard to work with, or can only use indoor containers, growing your own fruits and vegetables can be an excellent way to provide nutritious food to your family while sticking to a budget. Not only can you control which plants you grow, you can even control the conditions under which they are grown.
If you are interested in keeping costs as low as possible, consider using your food scrapes to create homemade compost. Compost is an excellent way to add the natural, organic material needed to help sustain healthy plants. The compost tumbler by Tumbleweed can make your first attempt at composting simple, or you can go the extra mile and consider building a compost bin on your own. As the compost is formed, you can till it into ground soil to provide a nutritious base for growing fruits and vegetables, or add it to an appropriate potting soil to give it an extra boost.
Many popular vegetables are fairly easy to grow and require only a limited amount of space. For some larger plants, such as tomatoes, dwarf varieties may be available if your space is limited. These smaller plants allow you to plant a larger variety of items within a small garden and may also be suitable for containers. When choosing your fruits and vegetables, especially if they will be planted outdoors, be sure a choose varieties that are designed to thrive within your particular climate or region.
Create the Sides
The easiest side dish to create with a home garden is a fresh salad. You can keep it simple by using a limited number of ingredients, such as lettuce or other greens, tomatoes, and green onions, or expand it to include additional ingredients if your gardening space allows.
If you are looking for something warmer, consider growing a variety of squashes or zucchini that can be sautéed to create a hearty side dish that is perfect for fall.
You can even grow your own herbs to add additional flavor to the main course of the various side dishes. Whether you want to keep it simple with some basil, rosemary, or thyme, or try your hand at growing your own garlic, a number of herbs and spices can be grown in outdoor gardens or small containers on window ledges.
Keep the Composting Cycle Going
If you want to keep the cycle going, make sure to compost any remnants from the meal, including any scrap produce or fish remains. Be sure to take care when composting fish by having it in a secure composting tumbler container or buried underground, as this will help control the associated smell and avoid attracting animals looking for a free meal.
Share and Enjoy
Every fisherman has a different preference when it comes to the location or style of fishing. Some prefer the adventure that goes with a deep sea fishing trip and others prefer sitting at a quite creek patiently waiting for that elusive bite. Fishing is a fantastic way to get away from the daily pressures of life. The wonderful thing is that there are different types of fishing that you can indulge in. Whether you want to sit at a small river with the family and tents up or on a boat with the guys doing some deep sea fishing there really are many different ways to fish. Some of the trips might require a bit of travelling but will prove to be worth it to all fishing enthusiasts. Here is more information about the different fishing trips you can take.
If you don’t have the equipment for sea fishing or your own boat you can always hire a charter and have a ready-to-fish experience. There are various places that offer a great charter-fishing holiday for example Hawaii.
Deep sea fishing
With this method of fishing you get the full experience. Be prepared to spend a couple of days at sea and enjoy some downtime with the guys. Your chances are good to catch a big one so get yourself ready for a fight. Click here to read more about deep sea fishing.
For this one you will be spoilt for choice, saltwater, freshwater and various other fishing experiences. Be sure to enjoy new technological benefits and features like new OTA in Canada. There are so many things to do and the beautiful surroundings will leave you calm and satisfied. Keep your flights cheap so that you have more money to spend on your trip.
Fishing in Mexico
With beautiful beaches you can enjoy a fantastic fishing trip at a famous fishing destination. There is so much to do in Mexico and so many activities to enjoy other than the golden sun and wonderful temperatures.
A more adventurous fishing experience mainly for someone that isn’t afraid to get their feet wet. There is quite a bit of skill required for fly fishing but practice makes perfect. You would need the right equipment and patience. Read more about fly fishing for beginners. Be prepared to wear the funny looking rubber slacks to keep the mud at bay.
Saltwater of freshwater fishing
If you are a bit of an explorer that is perhaps on the lookout for a different catch every time explore saltwater or freshwater and decide which you prefer. The ideal camping trip would normally be at a river or dam which would include the family and quality time with freshwater fishing. Sea fishing is usually a bit more adventurous but can deliver a great teambuilding exercise and a fantastic weekend break for the guys. Whatever your preference you will feel refreshed and relaxed to take on life and work again after returning from your trip.
Share and Enjoy
Everybody has been on a fishing trip at least once in their lives before. One of the most traditional and fun weekend activities you can find. Some fishermen say that it isn’t really about the catch, it is more about the relaxation while sitting at the side of the river, waiting for a bite. For some it is more serious than that, with specific types of fishing tackle, bait and other accessories. It is your choice how far down the rabbit hole you would like to go with your fishing experience. Here are a couple of tips that will enhance your fishing trip and perhaps ensure a bite or two.
Tie the right knot
The worst thing that can happen is after a day of staring at a steady line, getting that first bite and as soon as you start reeling it in the line snaps. Do some research on rigging the line right and try your best not to lose your first catch. Take a look here at different knots to tie.
Your lure should look natural
Be sure to move your lure naturally, it should look like the real thing for the fish to actually be attracted to it. Don’t go too fast or too slow. Find just the right speed to lure the fishes in.
Change the depth when you cast your line
If you see that you are having no luck in a particular spot, choose another to cast your line in. There are days that the fish might be swimming around in deep water and sometimes shallow. Every day will be different depending on the weather and other factors.
Practice different casting techniques
Don’t use the same method for casting every time. Look up all the different successful methods to cast the best line and try a few till you find what works best for you. There are a lot of specialists on the internet that offer great advice to beginners.
If you are going for the weekend or a longer period of time be sure to take the right items to make your camping experience fun too.
Pack the right camping gear to make the most of your trip
Gone fishing before? You will know that fishing is a game of patience. Pack your camping gear in case you decide to spend the night. That would include your tent, sleeping bag and all other amenities that are required. Be prepared for mosquito bites with a good repellant or take a look at the best mosquito trap to make sure you have a good night’s sleep that will prepare you for another day of fishing. Lastly but probably the most important advice, take a sunhat and some sun block, it is incredibly dangerous to spend the whole day in the sun while waiting for that illusive bite. Cover yourself and don’t turn your weekend into a nasty experience with painful sunburn to deal with after. Read more about the dangers of sunburn.
Share and Enjoy
More and more people are trying to break away from their clean cut world filled with brick, plaster, high walls and closed doors. They do this by investing in cottages alongside rivers, ponds, dams and lakes where they try to spend as many weekends as possible in order to get away from the chaos and the cramped city life. But just because they want to break away from all of the steel, brick and cement does not mean that everyone wants to go camping or spend time in minimalist cottages. The public and city dwellers still want a sense of ultimate luxury for their cottage weekends which is creating the perfect opportunity for interior designers to start specializing in creating cottages.
Why choose to specialize in cottage design?
Interior design is quite diverse. You can choose to specialize in a certain area such as cottage design or you can be a more flexible and diverse interior designer like Juan Pablo Molyneux who has no specific routine or style to his work. He transforms homes, mansions, buildings, offices and even castles and he is not shy to step outside of the house to use his skill in the landscaping are as well. Molyneux is one of the most infamous interior designers in the world and he even has his very own interior design firm that handles projects all over America, Europe and the Middle East. But you don’t have to be as busy or diverse as Molyneux. Specializing in a certain area like cottage design will make your job a whole lot easier and will help the world recognize your firm much faster than covering a wide area like Molyneux.
How to get started on your cottage design firm
A cottage design firm is perfect for those who love fishing and getting out in the open. You can create the best and most gorgeous cottages all over the world and enjoy traveling, shopping and being creative to the fullest without having to say goodbye to your beloved fishing hobby.
Get the right education – A proper degree in interior design is an absolute must for your design firm. There are plenty of colleges, universities and even online colleges that will provide you with the right degree and you can get your degree done in as little as two years. If you really want to go deeply into the design world you can even get a degree in architecture.
Work on voluntary projects – Working on voluntary projects while you are studying is a terrific way to gain experience and to help get some projects for your profile.
Create a profile – You should always keep a profile of your work so no one can accuse you wrongfully or claim that your work was insufficient. A profile is also a terrific way to showcase your work to the world.
Promote yourself – The moment you land that master’s degree in interior design is the moment when you should launch your marketing strategy. The good thing about interior design firms is that you can start this type of company with almost no money. You can promote your company on the internet, through friends and colleagues and locally to help you get started.
Share and Enjoy
There truly can’t be any adult in this incredible enormous world that has never drank coffee. It’s exported all around, and judging by the number of Starbucks in Canada alone, (in 2012, there were 10,924!) we know that we love and we need our caffeine. Seeing that, people who are part of the fishing industry need to consume caffeine all the more. Not only does it help in keeping you active, it can also benefit your health in numerous other ways.
Also, that is fine. Indeed, there are numerous preferences to being one of the 54 percent of ACanadians who are older than 18 who drink coffee regularly. Coffee can be truly astounding for your brain, your skin and your body. Here’s why
Coffee provides you with antioxidants more than anything else does
As indicated by a study done in 2005, “nothing else come close” to giving the same number of antioxidants and cancer prevention agents as coffee. While fruits and vegetables likewise have huge amounts of cancer prevention agents, the human body appears to ingest the most from coffee. It must be noticed that the coffee should be of high quality and all contents of the coffee beans are to utilized – consider using a french press for that purpose.
Simply smelling coffee can bring down your stress levels
Analysts at the Seoul National University analyzed the brains of rats who were focused with lack of sleep and found that the individuals who were given coffee to smell experienced changes in mind proteins attached to that anxiety. Note, this fragrance study doesn’t identify with anxiety independent from anyone else, just to the anxiety felt as a consequence of lack of sleep. Presently, we’re not by any stretch of the imagination beyond any doubt in the event that this implies you ought to keep a sack of simmered coffee beans on your end table each night, however don’t hesitate to attempt!
Coffee is extraordinary for your liver (particularly in the event that you drink liquor).
A study distributed in 2006 that included 125,000 individuals more than 22 years demonstrated that the individuals who drink no less than some coffee a day were 20 percent less to create liver cirrhosis — an immune system infection brought about by extreme liquor utilization that could prompt liver trouble and tumor. Arthur L Klatsky, the lead creator of the study stated that consuming coffee appears to have some defensive advantages against alcoholic cirrhosis, and the more coffee a man intakes the less frisk they appear to have of being hospitalized or passing on of alcoholic cirrhosis.
Coffee can make you feel more content.
A study done by the National Institute of Health found that the individuals who drink four or some coffee were around 10 percent less inclined to be discouraged than the individuals who had never tasted coffee. What’s more, obviously it’s not a direct result of the “caffeine high” — Coke can likewise give you a caffeine high, yet it’s connected to unhealthiness. Research revealed that one reason why coffee makes us happy and content is linked with the presence of good antioxidants in it.
Share and Enjoy
For some people fishing is life. Those moments out on the lake, or standing on the river’s edge, allow us to see life as glorious, peaceful (though challenging), and wholly valuable. Fishing makes the struggle worthwhile. It makes patience grow and sets the mind at ease.
Plenty of people have penned well-structured quotes about fishing and life. Some are familiar while others are a little more far-fetched. But, if we’ll take the time to consider what can be learned from them we might just make a t-shirt out of them.
Top Eight Fishing Quotes
We’ve done a little digging and would like to share with you our favorite fishing quotes. Feel free to do some of your own research. Fishing is actually worth writing about and there are plenty of famous quotes here to prove it:
- “It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.” –John Steinbeck
- “Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.”— Herbert Hoover
- “[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish.” –Leonidas Hubbard, Jr
- “A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.” –Author Unknown
- “Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.” –Ernest Hemingway
- “To go fishing is one of the most pleasurable experiences I can imagine.” ― Fennel Hudson
- “Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.”– Author Unknown
- “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” –Doug Larson
If you liked these, you can always find more fishing quotes here.
Top Eight Life Quotes
Life can sometimes be like a box of chocolates, certainly, but other times it’s a lot like fishing. You throw out your best bait and stand around waiting for something great to happen. Patience is a serious virtue and one that will benefit you on the shore, and in the rat race. Here are our favorite quotes about life:
- “Life is too short for fake butter or fake people.”― Karen Salmansohn
- “Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.” – Andy Biersack
- “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” –Albert Einstein
- “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “Life is a spell so exquisite that everything conspires to break it.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” –Vivian Greene
- “You are a fine piece of china. Don’t let anyone treat you like a paper plate.” –Karen Salmansohn
- “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”—Marcus Aurelius
In life, you never know what you’re going to get. Sometimes fishing is the same way. You can enjoy more life quotes here.