Fishing Tools There is a fine line between being successful or failing at fishing. There are a number of factors that can either make it a hit or miss, and avoiding such mistakes can make your fishing adventure all the more successful. Being unprepared By
Fishing Tools Listen, we are all about telling you the secrets to great fishing experiences. But sometimes, you need to know what to do with them once you’ve got ‘em. The joy of catching fish resides in having the ability to enjoy the fruits of
Share and Enjoy
Fishing Tools Fishing trips are great for so many reasons. It’s great for getting out for a bit of fun in the sun, families can bond and everyone always relaxes and enjoys these sessions. Fishing is one of the best expeditions for family fun because
Share and Enjoy
You have finally decided that you would like to try fishing. You have done a lot of hobbies in the past and you want to make sure that fishing is one of the things that you would continue doing for a long time. You will
Share and Enjoy
There is a fine line between being successful or failing at fishing. There are a number of factors that can either make it a hit or miss, and avoiding such mistakes can make your fishing adventure all the more successful.
- Being unprepared
By a long shot the most widely recognized fishing mistake, unpreparedness can run from the minor – having just a single sack of the hot shaded worm, to the genuine – neglecting to charge your trolling motor batteries. There’s nothing more baffling than not having something you require once you get out on the water. Luckily, ineptness is additionally super simple to settle. Build up a mental agenda of all that you’ll require every trek, and don’t go out until you’ve verified everything. Make sure you carry the best long range rangefinder that you can find to locate fish easily.
- Not building up a game plan
It’s been said that 90% of the fish in a waterbody possess just 10% of the water. Hence, having a course of action is basic to accomplishment as a fisher. Don’t simply go out there and begin throwing – consider what you’re attempting to catch, where on the lake you may have achievement, and what sorts of methods you may should be fruitful. Think about this pre-amusement arranging as a “layout” for how you will approach the day. Bear in mind to be flexible however, as things on the water are always showing signs of change.
- Being disorganized
You can’t tie on your fortunate spinnerplug on the off chance that you can’t discover it, and you’ll never understand that fish unfastened if your pincers are covered at the base of your handle pack. Organization is essential in fishing, and disorganization is the enemy of effectiveness. Comprehending what you have, and having everything in effectively available areas will expand the quantity of throws you set aside a few minutes – and increase the quantity of fish you get.
- Maintaining a strategic distance from cover
Once you’re on the water, a basic mistake numerous fishers make is keeping away from cover like laydowns, grass beds, and docks since they would prefer not to catch up or lose draws. This is a major mistake, since cover is the place most fish species stow away and hide. In case you’re not fishing around cover, you’re likely not fishing around fish. There are numerous presentations and systems out there intended to help fishermen angle around cover without catching up. In addition, it’s simply part of the amusement – in case you’re reluctant to lose a bait you most likely shouldn’t utilize it.
- Not thinking it through
A lot of fishermen angle altogether off of just memories. It’s easy to do as well, as you are actually constrained to visit the spots you’ve had the most accomplishment before. All things considered, the best spot in the spring might be fruitless during fall, so you’ll have the more accomplishment by angling the present conditions, and fitting your approach toward what the bass are doing now, as opposed to a week ago or a month ago.
Share and Enjoy
Listen, we are all about telling you the secrets to great fishing experiences. But sometimes, you need to know what to do with them once you’ve got ‘em. The joy of catching fish resides in having the ability to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Surely, there are some of you who just like to sport fish, to catch and release, but the rest of us want to eat. So, we have developed a list of the best ways to prepare those fish you caught.
Now, we may be a little biased, but we love using deep fryers. There’s just something about fried fish that sends our taste buds singing. But, maybe you don’t own a deep fryer yet. Then, you will definitely need to read the article linked above because that will help you compare 2016’s three best deep fryer options. You will then have the ability to make that oh-so-useful purchase and thereby enjoy the heaven that is deep fried fish. However, if you are looking at other ways to prepare them, don’t worry, we’ve got a list of possibilities for you!
5 Great Ways to Prepare Your Catch
Deep frying the fish is our preferred method, but we know that some people are anti-fried foods. And, in truth, that is probably a better health option. So, we have been sure to add 5 great ways to prepare your catch that don’t include deep frying them. We hope you’re ok with pan frying though! Check these out:
- Bake- Heat your oven up to 450, spray a cookie sheet with PAM or some other non-stick cooking spray. Then season your fish, lay them out on the sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, uncovered. Want some recipes? Follow this link.
- Sauté- Heat up a ¼ inch of butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Dip your fish in egg or milk and bread it. Stick it in the pan and cook it for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Poach– Get a large pan with a lid. Lay the fish out in one layer, cover them with liquid (wine, water, milk, fish stock, etc). Then put the lid on tight and heat them up to just below boiling. Filets should cook for 8-10 minutes while whole fish will take 15-20. You can use the liquid that remains for the creation of a sauce as well. Learn more about poaching fish.
- Pan broil– You will need to baste your fish multiple times throughout this process and please only use it on fish that are at least one inch thick. Otherwise they will turn out very dry. Oil a broiler pan and then broil the fish for 8 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Grill- Let your grill get hot (10 minutes with lid closed for gas and 30 minutes for charcoal) and brush the grate with oil so the fish don’t stick. Let the fish cook on each side for 4-6 minutes. Just make sure you have it set at a medium to medium high heat so they don’t burn.
Since you now have six ways to prepare these fish (remember we first recommended deep frying) you should be well on your way to significantly enjoying the catch of the day. Obviously some seasonings work better than others, so if you need to know how best to season your catch, read this.
Share and Enjoy
Fishing trips are great for so many reasons. It’s great for getting out for a bit of fun in the sun, families can bond and everyone always relaxes and enjoys these sessions. Fishing is one of the best expeditions for family fun because you can easily work in a lot of different activities such as kayaking, sightseeing, camping, horseback riding and much more in your trips. You can have an action packed adventure by combining action sports in your trip or you can have a relaxing adventure by simply relaxing besides the lake. If you want to get away more often and enjoy more fishing trips then it is time to get your own log cabin next to a lake.
It’s like a second home
Owning a holiday home is much more than just a reason to get away more often. It’s like owning a second home. When you rent a cabin you have to abide by someone else’s rules and regulations and you have to do what everyone else says. When you have your own log cabin you can do what you want. You can decorate the way you like, come and go as you please and you don’t have to worry about tiding up or accidently breaking something.
You can go away whenever you like
Your own cabin don’t have to plan your trips ahead or save cash up for the trip because the log cabin is already paid for and ready for you to just arrive and enjoy. You can enjoy a long stay or simply go for a night or two at the drop of a hat.
Earn cash by renting your cabin out
Log cabins are also a great investment because you can earn a lot of cash or cover your mortgage by renting the cabin out to other holiday enthusiasts.
Great for retiring
There is no better place to retire than next to a gorgeous lake. With your own log cabin you don’t have to worry as much about the senior years because you are taken care of. You can use your cottage as a retirement home and enjoy fresh air, long walks and beautiful scenery when you get older or you can rent the cottage out permanently as extra cash for when you retire.
Get inspiration from timber frame houses
Timber frame homes are some of the most beautiful homes there are. You definitely should scout some of the timber frame plans by Streamline Design Ltd. These homes are the perfect inspiration for the most beautiful log cabins ever. With a gorgeous home like the ones built and designed by Streamline Design you can easily make a killing from rent or you can enjoy the ultimate luxury stay every time you go fishing. There are an abundance of different styled timber homes to choose from and they range from small to large. And if you still cannot find the ultimate log cabin design of your dreams then Streamline Design can design your home for you by working on your personal desires and ideas.
Share and Enjoy
You have finally decided that you would like to try fishing. You have done a lot of hobbies in the past and you want to make sure that fishing is one of the things that you would continue doing for a long time. You will not continue with this hobby unless you do well at it.
For instance, you may remember the time that you have checked out Sarah at Thank Your Breasts and the different tips that she has in mind about you can actually be happy with the type of breast that you have. You have tried how you can make your breasts bigger and her tips worked tremendously. You want to do the same for fishing. You want to be successful at it so you can do it whenever you have spare time. In order to do this, here are a few tips that can help:
- Think like you are a fish.
In order to start catching fish, you have to realize how they can possibly think. You have to think of the time when they will start eating. You may catch more fish at dusk and at dawn because this is when they are most active. You also have to know what type of food fish like to eat. If you would be fed with items you do not like, would you eat? You need to feed fish with their favorite food and this will increase your chances of catching fish more often.
- There are times when you will get nothing.
If you do not get any fish for a time, do not be discouraged. Chances are you just picked the wrong spot to fish at that day. You probably forgot the right bait to use. Instead of being unhappy and feeling grumpy because you were not able to get anything, it is best that you focus on the things that usually happen while you try fishing. Have you ever tried to pay attention to the different insects that appear on top of the water? It will not be hard to appreciate to see how the sky looks as you try to fish. It can change rapidly depending on the hours that you allot for it.
- Let your thoughts wander.
The reason why you are not enjoying your fishing expedition is because you are too determined to catch a fish that you forget that fishing is a hobby. You are not fishing in order to get a lot of fish to sell. You are doing it in order to help pass time and to become more appreciative of nature. Just let your thoughts wander and you will be surprised with how you will feel about fishing in general.
Remember that you should stick with equipment that you are comfortable with so that your fishing experience will always be stress free. The best tip is to always enjoy fishing no matter what your experience is. It gives you the opportunity to laugh and smile at what the water gives you.
Share and Enjoy
Fishing from kayak is a lot more fun and more functional than fishing from the shoreline. When you fish from your kayak you can explore a lot more, you get to enjoy beautiful scenery and you can seek out all of the fish hotspots to improve your chances of making a catch. Fishing from kayak is also a bit more of a challenge because you have to balance yourself on your kayak while wheeling in that big catch without tipping over. The only downside to kayak fishing is that the space is quite limited. You need to pack light when going on a fishing expedition so you can be more flexible on your kayak. Here is the top gear you should have on your kayak.
A fish finder is a small device that sends out sound waves into the water. These sound waves are transmitted back to the kayak once they bounce against an object in the water. The GPS fish finder will then show you the shape, size and depth of the object that is underneath the kayak which will enable you to target areas in the water that has plenty of fish. And because it is GPS you will always know where you are headed when you are paddling for long distances. Fish finders are small enough to fit onto even the smallest of kayaks and will greatly improve your chances of landing a good catch each time you venture onto the depths of the water.
A good fishing rod is a must. For ocean fishing you can get a nice and tall rod but for lake or river fishing a shorter rod is a much better choice since swing space is often limited and you can easily get caught in branches.
Your tackle box should be compact but should have enough space to contain all the tackle, hooks and more that you may need for your fishing expeditions. You can visit the Outdoor Tricks site to scout some of the best tackle boxes currently on the market and to see some reviews on all of the available tackle boxes and other fishing gear.
Bait can lure in a lot of fish to your location which greatly improves the chances of getting a good catch. You should have a small box of fresh bait on your kayak.
Fishing nets will help you get large fish out of the water and onto your kayak without breaking your fishing rod or tipping over on your kayak.
There probably isn’t room for fish on your kayak. A fishing basket will allow you to drag your catch along the side of the kayak which will keep your fish fresh so you don’t have to row in every time you get a fish.
You probably need a few memories of your fun expedition. A good waterproof camera will allow you to be as flexible as you need to on the water. You can capture photos of your catch as well as the glorious scenery.
Share and Enjoy
No matter what kind of boat you own, there is always the desire to make it better, to upgrade and improve on its appearance and ability. When fishing is your number one goal, then ensuring your boat meets all those standards is the best choice. But, you will probably also want a decent looking boat that is comfortable to ride in and sit in while you await the fish of your dreams. This is why we have prepared these suggestions for your boat restoration needs. A fisherman’s advice is always welcome.
While boat restoration may include questions like, “engineered or solid hardwood which is better?” Most fisherman would suggest that you consider solid hardwood like teak for your interior. It’s an attention getting upgrade that will add value to your boat and give it a hugely nautical feel. It’s naturally weatherproof and can actually last for hundreds of years (far longer than your boat ever will).
Other Boat Restoration Recommendations
Now that you understand the value of installing a teak floor in your boat, you might want to consider these other boat restoration recommendations. They can improve on functionality and appearance. Too bad they can’t help you catch more fish. Here are our additional suggestions:
- Paint Job- Unless you are cool with your boat looking its age, you should probably invest in a decent paint job to refresh its dock appeal. Make sure you prep the boat properly before giving it a makeover. Improper preparation will lead to paint that just doesn’t stick. And, don’t forget to keep it clean and well protected after each use if you want the paint to stay looking good.
- Electronics- Upgrading the helm is highly advisable. You want to find all those great fish out there? Then you will need top of the line electronic gear. You can clear out your electronics box to include one or two monitors that keep you abreast of everything you need to know: video feeds, engine gauges, chart plotter, fish finder, etc. Learn more about some of the best fishing gadgets.
- Deck– We suggested you install a teak deck, but if you already have one that is looking a wee bit shabby, it’s time for a restoration job. You can send it back to a beautiful shine, or you can replace the whole thing. But you certainly don’t want a blah gray staring at you every time you are out on the water. Do you? Learn how to restore your teak deck here.
- Outriggers and Towers– These are your heavy metal accessories. If your boat doesn’t have them then we guess you won’t have to read this section. However, if you are an all-out fisherman, we are sure you’ve got them. Clean up the outriggers to evaluate their condition. Use bronze wool and some aluminum cleaner, if they haze out after a week, it is time to replace them. Towers are really expensive to replace, so you will want to do everything you can to restore what you have instead of purchasing a new tower.
While paint jobs and teak decks won’t ensure that your fishing improves, they will improve the way you feel whenever you take the boat out. If you need help being more successful in your fishing life, read this.
Share and Enjoy
As much as you love fishing, the feel of the wind through your hair (if you still have it) and the smell of that salt tinged water, the truth is, it can be dangerous. Yes, there are a number of potential fishing injuries. If you saw the movie (Against the Sun) about three men who crashed their plane in WWII, then you will recognize the dangers fishing (especially with a pocket knife over the side of a raft) can create. And if you didn’t see the movie, you definitely should!
Hollywood has a tendency to glamorize everything of course and, it also has the ability to downplay some things in life that could be detrimental to our health. Sure, fishing is a wholesome endeavor that we should all happily enjoy, but if we aren’t conscientious with our gear and attention, we could end up at Clifton Urgent Care getting stiches or worse.
Five Most Common Injuries While Fishing
Some of these will seem pretty normal while others will most likely make you cringe. However, these are part of a list of the most common injuries, which makes them highly possible during your own fishing escapades. Take the proper precautions and make sure you always have a first aid kit at your disposal. Then, read these:
- Hooking Yourself– We have all done this, probably on multiple occasions. We remember one such an occasion while fishing as children. Attempting to cast the line was still new and we chose not to follow proper instruction. The cast left us reeling in our own earlobes and screaming to high heaven.
- Fish Bites– Some of those little buggers you reel in will have teeth more ferocious than your pitbull’s. Keep in mind, these wee things (or huge ones) are pretty unhappy about their current circumstance and that makes them willing to take a chunk out of your finger or hand if you allow it to come anywhere near their chomping jaws. Check out some of these.
- Infection- Sure, hooking yourself or getting bit by a fish is painful and irritating enough, but these injuries commonly lead to infections. You could contract fish handler’s disease. Read more about that by clicking this. So, make sure you clean all your wounds thoroughly.
- Vengeful Fish– We know it seems far-fetched, but we have heard tell of men who allow fish to go, only to later be attacked by one quite similar to those they had previously reeled in. In fact, one man was speared through the chest by an 800 lb. marlin. Amazingly, he survived. Crazy fish injury stories can be found here.
- Slipping- We don’t always fish from our boats, though we could just as easily slip off one of them as well. In fact, a pastor we know ended up falling out of his boat and destroying his cell phone. But there are also those times when we fish from the docks and some of them can be quite slippery. These kinds of injuries lead to concussions and broken bones. Definitely no laughing matter even if you look quite silly doing the oh-no-I’m-about-to-fall-dance.
As with all outdoor exploits, safety is key. When you go fishing, make sure you are prepared for all the potential injuries that could ensue. And, do not forget to bring your cell phone in case the injuries need more help than Clifton Urgent Care can provide.
Share and Enjoy
There are some things that just shouldn’t be done on your own, no matter how skilled you are or how much you love to DIY. Plumbing is one of these things. A leaky pipe or clogged drain can be devastating to cottage owners, especially if your cottage has wood flooring or is perhaps made of wood. Water damage is sometimes repairable but a terrible leak while you are away from your cottage could lead to some major renovation requirements. It is best to leave your water and sewerage needs in the hands of a professional plumbing service so you can rest assure knowing your fishing cottage is in good condition when you are not spending time there. Here are some of the top ways in which a plumbing service can help you with your cottage.
Inspections for new purchases
It is always wise to do a proper plumbing inspection by a professional plumbing company before buying any home, apartment or holiday home like a cottage. If you do the inspection and there is a problem with the plumbing you could argue the property value or get the previous owner to make amendments before handing the deeds over to you.
New plumbing installations for cottages
If you are building your very own cottage then it is important to get the help of a professional plumber. Plumbers in Sunshine Coast can get all of the installations done right and will give you the best advice on the best installations for your cottage’s unique design. You could also get the plumbers to install new appliances in your cottage such as dishwashers, hot water systems, new taps and more to improve the functionality of your cottage and to make your holidays a lot more fun.
Upgrade plumbing of old cottages
Leaks and out of date appliances are commonly found in older cottages and with a plumbing service you can get your cottage upgraded in the blink of an eye. Simply pick up the phone and call a local plumber to get all leaks and old plumbing solutions updated and fixed.
Get all leaks fixed to reduce electric bills
A tiny leak can make a huge difference on your water bill. It is important to get any leaks fixed so you don’t end up with a skyrocketing electric bill. When your electric bill is lower there is more money for fishing expeditions.
Unclog all clogs
A blocked drain is dangerous to homes and cottages with wooden floors. Sewerage debris that push up in your loo has a terrible smell that is often impossible to remove from wooden furniture and floors should they overflow. By simply getting your plumbing done regularly you never have to struggle or replace your expensive furniture and you never have to suffer through terrible smells in your cottage.
Fix smelly drains
The only bad smell that you want to smell in your cottage is the smell of fish. Any other odor from the drains can be dealt with by a plumber.
Share and Enjoy
Fishermen are dedicated men who love their outdoor freedom. They enjoy the call of the wild, the whisper of the wind, and the embrace of everything nature-laden. This is why it is a great idea to consider what other outdoorsmen hobbies might be equally exhilarating for fishermen. Especially at those moments in which you cannot go fishing.
The pleasure of sitting by the lakeside, or on the boat, can be translated into a variety of thrill inducing experiences. That is, if you are willing to consider other outdoor options when fishing just won’t work. There are a number of great suggestions for the outdoor enthusiast. While some will require guns, others will be less violent.
7 Great Outdoor Hobbies
Some of these hobbies may not be hugely exciting, but they are great ways to enjoy your time outside when you can’t go fishing. These 7 great outdoor hobbies will serve as a decent replacement when fishing is not an option:
- Gardening- Believe it or not, this was initially a man’s joy. He handled his land through cultivation and provision. Obviously most of us, these days, are not in that kind of position. However, taking the time to watch the garden become exactly what you’ve designed can be a fulfilling enterprise. And, you can change things out when you want a new look. It is a constantly evolving endeavor. Get some great gardening tips by clicking this.
- Restore Classic Cars- Men used to spend hours in their garages working on their cars. Unfortunately, the new technology utilized today makes it difficult for an average man to tinker. That is why you should consider purchasing a classic car. They are far more user friendly and with a little bit of an investment, you could have a considerably cool car to cruise around town!
- Marksmanship- Sure, people love their guns, and if you’ve taken a gander at the best AR-15 scope, you might realize just how cool they really are. In the midst of that research, look into shooting clubs. These are great for men who don’t really want to kill anything, but would like to prove their skills with a gun.
- Whittling- This is the beginning stage of woodworking. It’s for those gentlemen that are unable to really delve into all the expense incorporated in actual woodworking. Just get a good knife and some soft wood. This is a great hobby for those moments when you just need to relax. Learn more about whittling.
- Archery-This is a lot like marksmanship but with a bow and arrow. Returning to the old ways is sometimes a great move. You will find a good deal of satisfaction in being able to hit a target, but imagine how much more so when you can take out an apple carefully balanced somewhere.
- Mountaineering- This takes hiking to a whole other level. It is all about climbing mountains. Tackling a mountain peak is sure to boost your testosterone and improve on your man card status. Just make sure you take a camera to prove your escapades.
- Brew Beer- Obviously we are not suggesting you take up moonshine distilling, but enjoying a microbrewery might be well worth it. The investment is pretty small too, if you are willing to learn. You can read all about it here.
Feel free to shop around for additional outdoor hobbies. But in the meantime, try some of the suggestions mentioned above.