Fishing is a hobby and a way of life for many people. There are also very many people that would like to fish, but they don’t have the general knowhow. This is something that can be learned with time and eagerness, as well as the right resources. Fishing is important in our lives since it not only provides us with an interesting hobby, but it is also the source of one of the healthiest food sources of proteins. Fish is white meat, which is preferred over red meat, for obvious reasons, is one of the best sources of food, encouraged by many dieticians. In this article, we are going to look at some of the top fishing tips for beginners.
Do your research
You need to have a general idea of what you’re getting into before you go fishing, and so it would be best to do your research. There is plenty of information online, and in books, regarding fishing, and you could also join a fishing club. This will swing you right into the center of the action before you even start fishing.
Understand the basic procedures
In order to understand the basic procedures, you first need to do your research, and then start off with some pre-fishing skills so that you can familiarize yourself with things like adding baits, casting lines, and tying knots.
Choose the right equipment for you
People that are just starting off angling, will be more comfortable using specific rods and reels that are easier to use. It is recommended that they use open faced fishing reels, for beginners.
The bait is the main course of fishing
The bait that you use for angling will depend on the type of fish that you’re targeting, and using the wrong bait could turn the fishing trip into the longest one of your life.
Location, location, location
You need to know your fishing grounds well, and you should go for areas where they spawn. These locations could lead you to where there are many fish.
Check the weather
The weather matters a lot, and although you can catch fish in almost any weather, an overcast sky has the highest success rate.
Cozumel Taxi Tours
One of the most popular places to begin your fishing expedition is Cozumel, and there are even charter companies offering the services there. However, while you’re in the town, you might want to also tour it, and that is where Cozumel Taxi Tours comes in. Taxi tours in Cozumel are the best way for you to get around the various sites, and Cozumel Taxi Tours will be there to pick you up at the following locations:
- For those on a Carnival or Royal Caribbean cruise ship, the pick you up at the Carl´s Jr Burger Shop at the Royal Village Shopping Mall, located directly across the across the street from the Cruise Pier. Arrangements to meet drivers should be done at least thirty minutes before docking to allow for embarkation.
- For those on a Disney or Norwegian Cruise ship, they you at the Starbucks Coffee Shop at the Punta Langosta Shopping Mall, also located across the street from the Cruise Pier. Arrangements to meet drivers should be done at least thirty minutes before docking to allow for embarkation.
- Those coming from Playa del Carmen can be met at the ferry. Arrangements to meet drivers should be done at least thirty minutes before docking to allow for embarkation.
- Those staying in hotels can be met right there in the lobby or the main vehicle entrance.
- They can even meet you at a downtown meeting point by prior arrangement.
Where would you like to visit?
- Shopping in the colorful El Mercado local market.
- Looking at exotic handicrafts in the downtown area.
- Purchasing over the counter medicines discounts in the local pharmacies.
- Visit to the Chocolate Factory.
- ‘Tequila History and Tasting Tour’ at the historic Hacienda Antigua.
- Visiting the historical San Gervasio Mayan Archaeological.
- Sightseeing on the spectacular East Side of the island (known locally as ‘The Other Side’).
- Snorkeling, bird watching, or watching crocodiles in the Punta Sur Ecological Park.
- Water activities like snorkeling, at the Chankanaab National Marine Park.
Bookings can be done directly, online, saving you the money that is added by travel agents and cruise ships, where you can save up to 40%. The tours range between 3, 5 or 8 hours, and can start at any time from 6.00 am, ending whenever you would like. The costs are as below:
- $295 USD for a 3-hour trip
- $325 USD for a 5-hour trip
- $375 USD for an 8-hour trip
Refunds are offered if the ship is rerouted for any reason, no questions asked. The only downside is that they have only three drivers, and that might not satisfy all the 20,000 plus clients that come from cruise ships. Booking early is recommended.
It would be fun to combine your fishing trip with a tour of the local fishing town, and the best way to enjoy this tour would be by hiring your own taxi to take you around to all the destinations.