We all would really enjoy going out fishing, whether it is for fun, as a sport, or as an occupation. There are many forms of fishing, and also many different places to fish. Depending on where you intend to go fishing, the fishing reels could vary, although there are some that are meant for both fresh water and salty water situations. The place that you intend to fish, and the types of reels to use, can also be determined by the type of fish that you would like to catch. There are many things that we can discuss regarding fishing, but in this article, we are going to go through the guide to fishing reel sizes. The correct type of reel will be determined by the place where you intend to reel.
Small Spin Reels
- Spinning Reel Size: (1000 or 10) – this reel has a fishing line with a rating of between 1 – 4kg. Common species caught with this reel include, Bream, Trout, Whiting
- Spinning Reel Size: (2000 or 20) – line rating: 2 – 5kg, common species: Bream, Trout, Whiting, Bass, Flathead, Perch, Luderick
- Spinning Reel Size: (2500 or 25) – line rating: 2 – 5lg, common species: Bream, Trout, Whiting, Bass, Flathead, Perch, Luderick
Medium Size Spin Reels
- Spinning Reel Size: (4000 or 40) – line rating: 4 – 10kg, common species: Snapper, Morwong, Tailor, Mangrove Jack, Cod, Bone Fish, Barramundi, Mulloway, Drummer
- Spinning Reel Size: (55/550/5500) – line rating: up to 10kg, common species: Snapper, Morwong, Tailor, Mangrove Jack, Cod, Bone Fish, Barramundi, Mulloway
Large Size Spin Reels
- Spinning Reel Size: (6000 or 60) – line rating: 6 – 15kg, common species: Snapper, Morwong, Tailor, Cod, Mulloway, Aust Salmon, Kingfish, Samson Fish, Mulloway
- Spinning Reel Size: (95/950/9500) – line rating: 10 – 15kg, common species: Snapper, Morwong, Kingfish, Mulloway, Sharks, Large Mackerel, Mahi Mahi, Tuna, GT
Pflueger President Spinning Reel Review – Top Components and Value
There are many spinning reels, but in this article, we are going to look at the Pflueger President Spinning Reel. This spinning reel comes with five different size models that anglers can choose from. It all depends on the sort of line that you’re willing to invest in, from the cheap ones to the top of the range. Below are the different models, starting with the smallest one:
- 9 Stainless Steel Ball Bearings; 6920 has 6 ball bearings
- On/Off instant anti-reverse bearing
- Lightweight graphite body and rotor
- Machined ported and double anodized Braid ready aluminum spool
- Smooth multi-disc drag system with stainless steel and oiled felt washer
- Made of high quality components
- The combination of features and models allow for easy targeting of particular species
- They are pocket friendly
- When subjected to sunlight for long periods of time, the graphite degenerates
- Some users complained of their anti-reverse malfunctioning, but this can be attributed to commercial productions. In this instance, it would be necessary for the user to take advantage of the 1-year warranty that the manufacturer offers.
Now you know that you can count on Pflueger President Spinning Reels for your fishing needs. The good thing is that they came in five different models to cater for different needs.