Fishing is something that many of us look forward to. It is always a pleasure to get away from the noise and pollution of the city to go somewhere quiet, where we can reflect on our lives, and relax. Going out of the city to go fishing would mean packing for the trip, and that is where we are heading with this article. We are going to look at some of the things that one should look at when packing for a fishing trip. We all know the amount of gear that avid anglers have to carry with them, and those are some of the things that we are going to consider.
Cut in Half
People often tend to carry more than they will need, and this is especially when it comes to clothes. Carry only clothes that you’ll wear, and chances are that if they get dirty, the lodging will have laundry services. The main thing is to park smart depending on where you’re going.
Stuff It Right
Since you’re going on a fishing trip, chances are that most of your stuff will be on a boat, and it will most likely get wet. This means that you have to ensure that your bags are waterproof.
Divide and Conquer
We have often heard of people losing their luggage when they are probably going to remote areas. That is the reason it would be a great idea to divide the stuff into two different bags. This way, if one bag is lost, you can still rely on the stuff in the other.
Critical Carry-On Items
These include your travel documents, which should be safe and in an easily accessible place, toiletries, snacks and protein bars, chargers for phones and laptops, cameras and lenses, fishing clothes, the list I endless.
Critical Carry-On Items
It is a good idea to store the most important things in a backpack or boat bag.
Check or Carry On Rods and Reels?
You need to know the sort of fishing rods or reels that you’ll require for the fishing trip, not forgetting to zero in on the rules and regulations of the waters that you intend to fish in.
Charge Your Batteries
Make sure that the batteries of mobile phones, cameras, and laptops are charged before heading out. You could also carry along portable chargers.
Cozumel Private Jeep Tours
While you’re enjoying the fishing trip, you might also want to tour the town where you’ll be staying. Cozumel is renowned for great fishing experiences in the lagoons around it, and it would be a great option. The virgin fishing grounds team with fish that will keep you busy. When you’re in the town, however, you might want to consider touring the town. The Cozumel jeep tour excursion provides the best touring experiences in the town. Some of the places that you could visit, or activities that you can do include snorkeling on coral reefs, Mayan ruins, green jungles, a Tequila Factory, virgin white sand beaches. Some of the suggested stops that you should consider while on the family trip include:
- Private Beach Club for shore snorkeling
- Punta Sur Park (Private Beach, Mayan Ruins, Crocodile Sighting, Scenic Views from the Lighthouse, and Off Road Driving).
- East Side of Cozumel Scenic Driving (also known locally as the other side).
- Punta Morena Beach Club (Authentic Mexican Lunch plus Beach Break).
- Tequila Tour for tequila tasting
The jeep tour highlights are:
- Automatic Transmission.
- All snorkeling gear is provided.
- Meeting Point is across the street from the Cruise Pier.
- Made-to-measure Private Jeep Tours, that are on your time and schedule.
- English speaking driver guides.
- 4 Wheel Drive Jeep Wranglers with a max capacity for 5 passengers on the 4 doors model, and 4 passengers on the 2 door models.
- CD Player.
- Cooler full of beers, soft drinks, and bottled purified water.
The trips last approximately five and a half hours, with departures running from 6am to 1pm everyday.
Included in the trip:
- All snorkeling gear (fins, goggles, life jacket, and snorkeling tube).
- 4 wheel drive automatic transmission Jeep Wrangler
- Soft drinks and beer onboard (beer, soda, bottled purified water).
- Professional and English speaking guides.
- Punta Sur Park entrance fee.
- Authentic Mexican lunch by the beach
- Marine Park conservation fee.
- This is an All-Inclusive Trip.
Excluded in the trip:
- Ground transportation from the Cruise Pier or Hotel to the meeting point.
- Ferry transportation when coming from Mainland (Playa del Carmen or Cancun).
- Gratuities – optional.
You get the following for the price:
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes (approximate)
- Private Jeep Tour: $79 USD per person.
- A minimum of 2 paid passengers per reservation.
- Adults or Kids are the same price.
- Cozumel Marine Park Conservation Fee is included in the Price.
- All Fees and Taxes included.
- If there’s bad weather on the day of the trip, and the harbor master shuts down the port.
- When coming to Cozumel via Cruise Ship, and the Cruise gets re-routed off Cozumel for whatever reasons.
now that you’re fully packed and ready for that fishing trip, don’t forget to tour the areas around the fishing grounds. You’ll be surprised at the beauty and history of the place, and you might even consider moving thee for good.