If you have been fishing for a long time, you already know what a fishing reel is but if you have absolutely no idea what it is, this is a device that is in charge of holding the fishing line in place. It can be effective in slow running the fish that you are trying to catch.
There are some tips that you have to remember when it comes to choosing the best fishing reel like the following:
- Decide what type of fish you want to catch.
- Decide what lures or baits you are going to use in order to catch the fish.
- Your preference will matter a lot when making the right choice.
The moment that you know the type of fish you would like to get plus the lures and baits that you are going to pick out, you can focus on the reels and the specifications that you are searching for.
- Size of the Reel – If you would like the line to be light, you should pick a small reel. Do not go over the 10 pounds line however when you are only going to use the reel in fishing at freshwater. If you are going to fish at saltwater, you can pick heavier and bigger reels.
- Consider your Gear – The gear of your reel will always be different depending on which one you will choose. For example, the gear may rotate three times for one single rotate of the reel. Depending on this, you can already make a choice. You may have different gears and fishing reels depending on the fish that you want to fish for that day.
- Body of the Reel – Do you realize that there are different reel bodies available? The reel body of the various fishing reels will differ. You can expect the following reel bodies:
Graphite is usually the available body of reel that you should choose when you fish in saltwater most of the time while aluminum should be your pick when you want to try out something that is light.
- Parts – Do you realize that a fishing reel is not just one piece? There are a lot of other miniature pieces that are available. If you want something that is not too complicated, pick one with fewer parts. It will also help if you could pick a reel that is solid enough for you to hold. If you feel that it will move too much to the point of breaking then this can be a problem.
- Weight – Even if you think that you like to have a fishing reel that is heavy, you will start to feel fatigue more with a heavier reel. Consider how heavy you would like your fishing reel and make decisions from there.
Picking the right fishing reel will be complicated if you do not know the tips, details and advices mentioned above. Do not forget to check fishing reel reviews as well. These reviews will give you an idea which ones you should not pick and which ones will be highly useful for you.