For some people fishing is life. Those moments out on the lake, or standing on the river’s edge, allow us to see life as glorious, peaceful (though challenging), and wholly valuable. Fishing makes the struggle worthwhile. It makes patience grow and sets the mind at ease.
Plenty of people have penned well-structured quotes about fishing and life. Some are familiar while others are a little more far-fetched. But, if we’ll take the time to consider what can be learned from them we might just make a t-shirt out of them.
Top Eight Fishing Quotes
We’ve done a little digging and would like to share with you our favorite fishing quotes. Feel free to do some of your own research. Fishing is actually worth writing about and there are plenty of famous quotes here to prove it:
- “It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.” –John Steinbeck
- “Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.”— Herbert Hoover
- “[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish.” –Leonidas Hubbard, Jr
- “A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.” –Author Unknown
- “Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.” –Ernest Hemingway
- “To go fishing is one of the most pleasurable experiences I can imagine.” ― Fennel Hudson
- “Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.”– Author Unknown
- “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” –Doug Larson
If you liked these, you can always find more fishing quotes here.
Top Eight Life Quotes
Life can sometimes be like a box of chocolates, certainly, but other times it’s a lot like fishing. You throw out your best bait and stand around waiting for something great to happen. Patience is a serious virtue and one that will benefit you on the shore, and in the rat race. Here are our favorite quotes about life:
- “Life is too short for fake butter or fake people.”― Karen Salmansohn
- “Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.” – Andy Biersack
- “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” –Albert Einstein
- “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “Life is a spell so exquisite that everything conspires to break it.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” –Vivian Greene
- “You are a fine piece of china. Don’t let anyone treat you like a paper plate.” –Karen Salmansohn
- “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”—Marcus Aurelius
In life, you never know what you’re going to get. Sometimes fishing is the same way. You can enjoy more life quotes here.