There are some basic skills that most, if not, everyone should know. Knowing how to do your taxes or folding your laundry is an example of that, and what we’re going to talk about in this article is not far from that. One needs to know how to look after themselves, which is why they should also possess a set of some very basic skills that can be easily taught at home from a young age, and if you were not taught those, well, better now than never, right? There’s no age to learning, so you might as well get started now.
Tips on shaving
As surprising as it may sound, this is a skill that most growing, male teenagers suffer from. There are any fathers who do not help their sons with shaving once they begin growing facial hair, resulting in these youngsters attempting to shave on their own and getting rashes or severe breakouts. Knowing how to shave is a skill on its own, and most boys learn from what they have seen on TV. And so, to help those boys, here are some tips:
- Thoroughly wash your face before you begin. It is important that you do so, as it will prevent razor burns and irritation later on. Always use warm water and never dry shave.
- Use a good quality shaving cream. In other words, something that is highly concentrated with moisturizers and lubricants. The cheaper products foam up, while the more expensive ones create a creamy lather. This will prevent irritation and will help your blade last longer.
- Frequently change the blades of the razor. The blade needs to be sharp, as a dull blade will leave you scratchy, red, and irritated. Change the blade frequently, meaning that once every 3 to 10 shaves. You can purchase good quality blades at http://luxuryshaves.com/
To learn more about shaving techniques and tips, read http://www.men-uusa.com/men-u_shaving_tips.html
This is another one of the basic things that one should know. Not only can this be a useful survival technique (you never know when you might need it), but it can also be a great way to impress your friends and family the next time you decide to go fishing together.
- If you’re a beginner, done some thorough research before you attempt to catch a fish. Learn how to put a bait to the hook and try some of the other basic things before you get down to the real thing.
- Learn everything that you can about different types of fish and its bait. Bait is quite crucial to the whole process of fishing, so pick the right kind of bait to lure in the type of fish you want to.
- The weather condition is also crucial for fishing, so be sure to check the weather forecast before you set out. An overcast sky is said to be an optimum condition for fishing. However, that does not mean that fish cannot be caught in other weather conditions.
There are many more important basic life tips that you need to know, and these are just some examples of a few. That stated, these will still come in very handy if used correctly.